yakuza - always worth it in the name of fun!

the gang. 9 years of friendship.. and i heard the fraction will tend to one as we age.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hellowello

Hallo everyone, I know I haven't been updating much but bear with me! Photos soon ok...

And to Serene:

1: Qantas and BA operate a lot of their flights together. So if you're booking either of them, you just might book a Qantas ticket but take a BA flight and vice versa. Are you flying to Barcelona straight? I don't think it makes much of a difference. For comfort, maybe BA is better, if you could choose. But in the whole terrorism thing, maybe Qantas is better. Check out their websites before booking with STA if you want to make sure that STA is not overcharging. But if you're booking straight from airline website in any case, tell them you're student and you should get luggage allowance of 30kg at least. But of course STA will garner the 40kg allowance.

2. Shoesshoesshoes! Haha..so cute la, such a girly question to ask. Boots are fun to wear, although I don't have a pair yet. I don't suppose you want wellies even though I don't mind having a pair because it rains a lot here and then I can also wade about in wet long grassy areas without soaking in (and I don't mind looking kiddy from time to time la huh). My feet don't get very cold or maybe I acclimatise quickly. I wear alot of the shoes I wear in Singapore over here in Notts. For a start of course, don't wear open-toed shoes in the winter I guess. Basically just try to have less skin exposed between the shoes and trousers and you'll be less cold la. Wear socks, and this brings me to:

3. There're loads of stockings and stocking-type wear here in Europe! There're the long-knee socks if you don't like those that go right up to your waist. Look for denier in the leggings, especially if you want black (and opaque) ones. The number will indicate the warmth. Denier is not scratchy. I have a pair of woollen tights. some people find wool scratchy but I don't really mind so I use them when I wear skirts and dresses.

Hope this helps ok! You'll have lots of fun I promise! :D